Everything you need to know about a private jet charter from New York to California
Need to fly from New York to California for business or leisure? Nothing beats the luxury and convenience of chartering a private jet. Skip the airport queues and enjoy exclusive benefits such as personal flight attendants, extra luggage space and multimedia facilities. Whether you’re heading from New York to a business meeting, vacation, or event in California, there’s a private jet to suit your needs.
Top private jet airports in New York and California
There are dozens of airports in New York State that cater for private jet traffic. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Teterboro is the most popular airport for New York City private jet charters and is located just across the river, 12 miles from Manhattan.
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport is the busiest airport in upstate New York and lies just 11 miles east of downtown Buffalo, providing access to nearby Niagara Falls.
- Greater Rochester International Airport lies three miles southwest of downtown Rochester – great for business trips and vacations in the Finger Lakes region.
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is a civil-military airport located five miles northeast of downtown Syracuse, the fifth-largest city in New York State.
- Albany International Airport is situated just seven miles northwest of Albany, the capital of New York State and a cultural and business hub.
Here are five of the top airports for private jet charters in California:
- Van Nuys Airport is located in the San Fernando Valley and is a top airport for private jets in Los Angeles, one of the country’s busiest aviation hubs.
- Metropolitan Oakland International Airport lies 10 miles south of downtown San Francisco, near the financial district.
- San Diego International Airport is ideally located just over two miles northwest of downtown San Diego, a favorite destination for business and leisure.
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is perfect for business travelers, as it’s situated at the heart of Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Long Beach Daugherty Field Airport is located three miles north of Long Beach, a popular coastal vacation destination and the seventh-largest city in California.
How long is the flight from New York to California?
It takes between five and six hours to fly from New York to California, depending on which airports you use and the type of aircraft you charter. Here are some examples of New York to California flight times for various types of private jet:
- Flying from Teterboro to Van Nuys in a light jet such as a Cessna Citation V, which holds eight passengers, takes 5h 38m.
- A flight from Albany International to Metropolitan Oakland International would take 5h 51m in a mid-size jet like the nine-seater Embraer Legacy 500.
- Flying from Greater Rochester International to Long Beach takes 5h 24m in a heavy jet such as a Bombardier Challenger 850, which carries 16 people.
How to fly from New York to California by private jet
We can arrange charters on a range of over 100 private jets, suitable for up to 19 passengers. Each aircraft has different features, from conference rooms to bedrooms, full bathrooms and lounges. Depending on the jet type, you can also enjoy amenities like entertainment systems, dining facilities and extra luggage capacity. Here are some of the most popular types of aircraft for private charters from New York to California:
- Bombardier Learjet 35 – This light jet has a range of 2,528 miles and can seat up to six people, with ample room for luggage.
- Gulfstream G150 – A mid-size jet which seats up to eight people and has a lavatory and entertainment system. The jet has an oval-shaped cabin, a 3,452-mile range and great fuel economy.
- Dassault Falcon 900LX – This large jet can cover distances of up to 5,461 miles and carry 14 passengers, boasting three separate living areas including an office.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from New York to California?
So, how much does it cost to hire a private jet? Prices from New York to California vary depending on which aircraft you hire and the airports you fly in and out of. Taking a common route from Teterboro to Van Nuys in a light jet costs between $34,100 and $47,900, while the journey in a mid-size jet costs from $38,500 to $57,800. Prices for flying in a heavy jet range from $56,000 to $99,100. These price ranges are estimates; contact us to get a tailored private jet charter quote for your journey from New York to California.
To find cheap private charter deals, look for empty leg flights between New York and California, also known as empty sector flights. When clients book one-way charters, rather than take an empty jet back to the airport of origin, the return flight is offered to passengers with heavy discounts of up to 75%. You can find a regularly-updated list of our empty leg private jet charters here.
Top 2018 events in California
As one of the USA’s glitziest states, California hosts hundreds of festivals, award ceremonies and events every year. Arrange a private jet charter to these top five events in California in 2018:
- The Academy Awards – This year’s 90th edition of the awards takes place on March 4th at the prestigious Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, honoring the best films and actors of 2017.
- Orange County Fair – A 23-day summer extravaganza that attracts millions of visitors each year. Featuring animals, food, nightly concerts, games and rides, the event is scheduled to take place from July 13th to August 12th 2018.
- Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival – This A-list cultural event is scheduled for the weekends of April 13th – 15th and 20th – 22nd at the Empire Polo Club in Indio. Headlining acts for 2018 include Eminem, The Killers and Beyoncé.
- Pageant of the Masters – This renowned art festival showcases paintings, sculptures and theater. The 2018 theme is ‘Under the Sun’ and the pageant will take place from July 7th to September 1st.
- Long Beach Grand Prix – Every April, the streets of Long Beach are converted into an epic race track to host America’s premier street race. The 2018 race takes place from April 13th – 15th and features some of the world’s best racing drivers.
Want to attend one of California’s top events? Get a private jet charter quote to travel from New York to California in style and comfort.