Everything you need to know about private jet charter from New York to Illinois
If you’re flying from New York to Illinois, why not travel in luxury by chartering a private jet? Flying privately means you can avoid long airport queues and enjoy perks such as extra luggage space, on-board offices and personal flight attendants. So whether you’re planning a trip from New York to Illinois for business, a vacation or an event, hire a private jet to whisk you there in style.
Top private jet airports in New York and Illinois
New York State has dozens of airports that accommodate private jets. Here are five of the top options:
- Teterboro is a favorite airport for those traveling by private jet from New York City, located across the river just 12 miles from Manhattan.
- Albany International Airport lies seven miles northwest of Albany, New York’s state capital and a key hub for business, culture and tourism.
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport is situated 11 miles east of downtown Buffalo and is the busiest upstate New York airport, in close proximity to Niagara Falls.
- Greater Rochester International Airport is ideally located for business and trips to the Finger Lakes region and sits just three miles southwest of downtown Rochester.
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is located five miles northeast of downtown in New York’s fifth-largest city, Syracuse.
These are five of the top airports for private jets in Illinois State:
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport lies 17 miles away from Chicago’s central business district and is one of the busiest airports in the world.
- Central Illinois Regional Airport lies less than five miles from historic Bloomington, former home of Abraham Lincoln, in central Illinois.
- St Louis Downtown Airportis located nearly six miles from St Louis near the Gateway Arch and is the third-busiest airport in the state.
- University of Illinois Willard Airport is located six miles from the town of Champaign and its university in an area of natural beauty.
- Chicago Rockford International Airport is situated 85 miles north of Chicago and just four miles from Rockford, the third-largest city in Illinois.
How long is the flight from New York to Illinois?
The flight from New York to Illinois takes between one-and-a-half and two-and-a-half hours, depending on the type of aircraft you fly in and which airports you use. Here are some example flight durations for different types of jets:
- Flying from Teterboro to the University of Illinois Willard Airport in a light jet such as a Hawker Beechcraft 400 for up to seven people takes just over two hours.
- A flight from Syracuse Hancock to Chicago O’Hare takes one hour 39 minutes in a midsize jet like a Gulfstream G150, which holds up to eight passengers.
- Flying from Albany International to St Louis Downtown Airport takes two-and-a-half hours in a heavy jet such as a 13-seat Embraer Legacy 650.
How to fly from New York to Illinois by private jet
We have access to an unrivalled range of over 100 private jets suitable for up to 19 people. Each aircraft type has different features including bedrooms, lounges, offices and bathrooms. You’ll also have access to various amenities such as extra luggage space and entertainment systems. Take a look at these popular types of aircraft for private charters from New York to Illinois:
- Eclipse 550 – A very light jet with a 1,294-mile range that can seat up to four passengers and has great fuel efficiency.
- Cessna Citation III – A midsize jet with a range of 2,701 miles that’s suitable for up to eight passengers. The jet has a spacious cabin with lots of room for luggage, a lavatory and an entertainment center.
- Bombardier Challenger 850 – This heavy jet can carry 16 passengers and fly 3,342 miles. Features include a personal flight attendant, entertainment center, lavatory, and space to work and relax.
How much does it cost to charter a private jet from New York to Illinois?
So, what’s the cost of hiring a private jet? Prices from New York to Illinois vary according to the airports you use and which type of jet you hire. Taking a popular route from Teterboro to Chicago O’Hare would cost between $17,000 and $32,700 (approximately) for a light jet with ACS; while flying in a mid-size jet would cost from $18,400 to $48,300. Prices for flying in a heavy jet range from $26,700 to $62,100. Get a private jet charter quote for your New York to Illinois flight.
Don’t forget to look out for empty leg flights from New York to Illinois. Also known as empty sector flights, these are often discounted by up to 75%. So how does it work? When a client books a one-way charter, discounted return flights are often offered to avoid sending the jet back to its airport of origin empty. Keep an eye on our regularly-updated list of empty leg private jet charters here.
Top 2018 events in Illinois
Illinois hosts hundreds of annual fairs, festivals and events throughout the year. Fly from New York to Illinois for huge music, food and film festivals. Arrange a private jet charter to these top Illinois events in 2018:
- Taste of Chicago – One of the best outdoor food festivals in the USA, featuring hundreds of local restaurants and food vendors offering samples of their most popular dishes. There’s also a line-up of music concerts at the event, which takes place in Grant Park from July 11th – 15th.
- The Wizard of Oz at State Farm Center – Travel down the Yellow Brick Road with the entire family as you follow Dorothy, Toto and their friends in the greatest family musical – a remake of 1939 The Wizard of OZ – in Urbana, Illinois, on April 19th.
- Lollapalooza – This famous annual music festival has eight stages and features over 170 bands from all over the world. The 2018 festival takes place from August 2nd – 5th at Grant Park in Chicago.
- Chicago International Film Festival – 2018 marks the 54th edition of North America’s longest-running film festival. The event showcases work from filmmakers around the world and will take place from October 11th – 25th at the AMC River East 21 theatre.
- Windsor Harvest Picnic – The 122nd Windsor Harvest Picnic takes place in 2018. The festival features entertainment, food, a 5k run, auction and country music.
- Chicago Blues Festival – The world’s largest free blues festival attracts over 500,000 fans, with five stages and three days of music. The 2018 festival takes place from June 8th – 10th in Chicago’s Millennium Park.
Planning to attend one of these top Illinois events? Get a private jet charter quote so you can fly from New York to Illinois in luxury.